It Will Always Be My Fault

At age 8 I was forced to get irate over the fact of my race.Like I was supposed to be ashamed. My neighbors had four kids of typical  family morals. My first moments of seeing him and started talking with him  he said words that would set my mind to question what wasn't the obvious he shouted to me “ If it were back then I would own you, whip you, throw you back in the fields, if it were back then I would definitely own you.”   This was my moment this was the chance to scream at this boy that I am much more than a color that I don't think he knows who he is messing with 8 years old me who is not afraid to throw a punch the 8-year-old me who is ready to challenge anyone who questions where she came from. Who knew if she was in a situation she would have no time for evaluation of any of her plans. This is what went through my mind in less 2.4 sec. but the tears beat me. Why? Because the truth is I get scared  watching the tv and the colored people on the screen getting a guilty without ever hearing the plea. But I know all too well the media's 1  sided 2 faced 3 things that they keep misdirecting 4 the fact they want a 5 star rating things that Will make healthy person 6-er but not on their outside but in here their  core for the 7 deadly sins are at work because 8 words say it all : Pride  before destruction, haughty spirit before a fall . The pride that has caused a version of the world for those not even born to see that we live in a day and age where 9 out of 10 stop and frisk are actually innocent. That less than that 89 percent 10 are caucasian. Kids today scared under their beds praying they make it past the 11 stages of 12 grades hoping not to make it 13 when all the hate really starts to make 14 look long ways away because they see 15 years old is way too close to the age where you're exposed to drugs and gang related things so when the ripe age of 16 comes you are left to hurt because no matter which way you choose you to know you're on the wrong street when you see you colored father every time you treats you differently because unfortunately, you are different, I rather they beat you black and blue then having a call asking me to identify you ....if only they could see, people we were set free so when can I just be a 17 old latino female? Instead of 17 questioning is it wrong of me to try to change a system that I feel is wrong. But equality is not in my status nor in my league. Equality is a 2-way street . And I'm to scared to go out alone. 

winderjazmine

write what you feel.