I'll Only Live Once #YOWO

YOLO,  You only live once.  In recent years, the phrase originating from the popular social media site, Twitter, has become an ever popular excuse among teens and young adults to parade around like fools and act wrecklessly because this is their only chance at life so why not enjoy it.  I see where they're coming from, the most direct derivative of YOLO is that you need to make the most of the time you have in this life.  But I guess that's where my interpretation begins to differ from the people you see parading around drunkenly in gaudy neon colored tank tops with the letters Y O L O plastered on them.  My idea of what it means to make the most of my one life is what changes my interpretation of YOLO.  To me, making the most of my life doesn't mean having as much fun as I can, because when I'm gone none of that will really matter.  When I'm gone, all that will remain will be what I pass on to the next generation, the things I accomplished in life that had an effect on others, my legacy.  So I am going to continue to work hard and pursue my goals.  I am going to go to college, go to Med School, get my M.D. and do great things in the field of Medicine to help those that are going to need me.  I am going to start a family, provide for them, and do everything I can for them so that my children can go on to do great things in their single lifetimes.  Why? YOLO.  And if that means that I'm going to have to miss out on a little bit of partying then so be it.