I Will Always Remember

I will always remember grey granite cold stone, name engraved-spelling your name with my fingers as I rub through an eternity of memories.
I will always remember behind black thick shades, fearing who will appear at this dead zone. A woman is weeping speaking into the wind placing a cross on her ownership of death and bones.
I will always remember grey clouds, dead trees, green grass, and my breath in the wind. There was St. Anthony crooked in the ground not making any sound. I said my final good-bye, An American flag rattling in the wind; I stood there to silence all of the sin.

I will always remember the cars driving in with people carrying flowers wondering about my final hours. A thorn forever by my side, I never really said a final good bye. The not wanting to leave- feet glued to the ground, I could not turn around. The promises of no return…walking backwards, the fear of letting you go-I had to though.
I will always remember telling you I’m not afraid- I’m not to blame, while a bird sings on this dreary day. Here I stand looking at your name that was engraved so long ago. I’ve been scared all alone. A weed popping above your mound a yellow flower blooming, and the memory of your words I’ve let go of yesterday of old.

I will always remember how it all came to an end.
Three gun shots and the pedophile was dead.
I was robbed from the chance to end this horror instead.
I was forced into this silence again.
The Catholic confession, the obsession, the drive to see you-finding you silent again, the silver picture frame with my words of confusion and despair could never repair the damage you left me with.
I will always remember to walk, to stay, afraid to go away.
How the fear of letting you go overwhelmed me so. I could not breathe, and I could not see, blinded by the years of my own misery and your pedophile dis-ease.
How your place seemed abandoned to me, I want to run to be in the warmth of the sun.
I will always remember what you’ve done. How I lived frozen as time moved on. A tear in my eye, the night before-I cried. I had to arrive with a final good-bye.
I salute you, I dishonor you. I will always remember with these farewells, the real you…I will no longer mourn you
You were a criminal running loose who held me by the neck with an emotional noose. Your murder released me.

THE PICTURE YOU SEE ATTACHED TO THIS POEM WAS MY PEDOPHILE.

jwiener

This poem tells such a tragic story, and I commend the honesty and emotion you used while writing it.
"I will always remember to walk, to stay, afraid to go away" really shows the everlasting impact that this event had on you, and adds to the haunting nature of the poem.