I took a bath in the darkness

I took a bath in the darkness only to find it sticking with me for what felt like an eternity. Everywhere i turned i could only see the girl i used to be, before i let the darkness consume me. I took a bath in the darkness and watched as shadows swormed me. Suddenly I found myself unable to see unable to feel the light. The darkness made sure it was out of sight. I walked down the roads in the darkness uncertain of where my destiny laid. When i felt helpless i prayed. I prayed until the darkness took my voice away from me. I took a bath in the darkness unknowing of its misery. It was all fun and games until i became aware of my own shame. Guilty was all i could be I let the darkness consume me. I took the darkness and injected it in my arm. I committed a different type of self harm. They told me catching the habit would be bad, now i find myself always mad. I can’t seem to fight this urge. I can’t seem to let it go. It’s becoming so noticeable that everyone is starting to know. I took a bath in the darkness and found bruises covering my veins. I now face a new type of pain. A pain I didn’t need and now my veins I continue to feed. I took a bath in the darkness and lost my mind. I should have known this life style wouldn’t be as kind. I lost hope and now I find myself craving dope. I lost the sight of myself and i can’t blame anybody else. I no longer remember who i was before my world turned upside down. These drugs was supposed to be the reason I never have to frown. My dealer told me these pills are no healer. I took a bath in the darkness and lost my family they no longer can deal with me. This started out as a choice, but now I can’t control what I say with my voice. I’m screaming no, but my mind’s screaming for me to go. To go back to my dealer. To go back and try to turn these pills into a healer. I knew what i was told, and now i don’t think i’ll live until I’m old. I took a bath in the darkness and now i’m angry. Can someone help me? I am no longer in control here. My addiction speaks for me when drugs are near. I need someone to hold my hand. I need a strong friend. Someone to help me find myself back to myself. Someone to help me fight my thoughts. Someone who knows continuing this addiction is not my fought. I tried to stop, but me and my mind are at war and there’s no one to help me behind a closed door. I took a bath in the darkness and now i feel helpless. I never needed someone as much as I do now.  I feel that I have left my past self down. I was supposed to be more. I was supposed to fight a different war. Not the kind that I let kill me in hopes that it’ll heal me. I wish someone had said the only way to end the pain with drugs is to let it leave me dead. I’m not just an addict. I’m a human being who once seen things to be bright before I lost the light. I took a bath in the darkness and now I can’t stop it.