I Just Need A Few Minutes Of Your Time.

The rain slowly falls, I quickly run for shelter. I see you sitting there, alone. You look my way and your eyes beg me for a minute. Dark and desolate; they persuade me to release my grip and listen…

You tell me of the hurt and pain you’ve been through, the loneliness you’ve felt and the depression you’ve submerged in. You say you don’t know who to turn to, that the ones you knew are nowhere in sight. You left all you had to come here, you just wanted a new beginning. You haven't been able to talk to a single sole about any of this because there's a language barrier, one I've managed to overcome. As the minutes go by your ragged face loses its strain; your soul transpires every word. I slowly begin to believe it all…

Of all the things you uttered, a few draw my attention. “You are an angel fallen from above”, your lips say to me. I’m left speechless. All the previous assumptions made of you were proven wrong by those simple words. I stare at you once more. I try to trully see into your soul, your wondering soul. You’re a simple lonesome stranger sitting at a bus stop, yet in a matter of minutes you've managed to change my perspective on life…

As you finished exposing your secrets to me, I begin to realize that you are more than just a bystander in my pathway. You've reassured me that everything in life is based on happiness, without it one has nothing. Because of you, I am a firm believer that everyone has been placed in our lives for a specific reason. They were placed to make a difference.

You weren’t the only one blessed that day. I met an angel as well & he was concealed within you.