I Have Fallen in Love with a Disaster

For some odd and mystical reason, I have fallen in love... with a disaster. No matter how many times my defenseless, fragile heart shatters, I never seize it from crumbling because each step closer to him that I take, my poor, confused heart explodes with so many emotions that are unexplainable. It starts with a collage of frantic butterflies, then they quickly disperse, leaving my head in a frenzy. My warm body escapes into this stage where is is completely frozen and utterly numb. But then when he leans in to kiss me with his irresistible lips, the delirious butterflies return and I feel my heart weaken and melt together--all at the same time. When he has to leave because she starts to wonder, he leaves with a sweet, soft kiss lingering on my trembling lips. His secret promise to return worries me because every night, it's her who receives a good night kiss--not me. But for some odd and mystical reason, I continue to pray that he will make an effort to see me again. For some odd and mystical reason, I have fallen in love with a disaster.