HIV Awareness

Wed, 01/25/2012 - 15:55 -- poet

Aigh’t, aigh’t, aigh’t
Let me find a better was to explain this to you cause I see you have some difficulty understanding the bullshit so, I’m gonna give it to you the way my mother gives it to me- raw and uncut.
Your mother is dying. His father is dying.
Our children are dying, better yet, we are dying and no one seems to wonder why.
HIV is making its way into the words we know as pleasure. Slowly making its way into the veins that will eventually bleed regret, and yet that condom still lays on that bed in remembrance of that day he fucked you, over.
HIV is beginning to sound like please help me but these mercy cried are only being muffled into every condom not being used during sex and best believe these cries will only get lower.
Awareness is growing but unfortunately denial is a bitch and with that wart in his dick and that doctors visit he will miss and just believe its a pimple when in fact its a virus.
A virus he impregnated a girl he said he loves with a seed that would continue to grow way past nine months had gone and he ignored the cries for him to get help and one day woke up and realized that his dick was still there see,
this is not how we must want to live our days thinking “well, everyone has to die someday” but if you had only thought before you act then your child would not have to live with this burden on his back now,
pills and injections everyday and specialized pills made for kids right like him and courtesy of, mom, because she thought that dropping it like its hot was more important than getting her double shot keeping her child could hurt him most at this point in time.
You, having to worry about the bullshit lies like, “baby, I love you. Don’t you trust me?”
Not thinking for a moment that she would have to love enough to die for him and I, don’t love anyone that much. I don’t know. Eventually they’ll start making product pill cases and RocaWear IV pouches. Coming soon Gucci hospital wear, making every hospital fashionable one because, HIV is the new trend along with baby strollers and drug addictions see,
this is a war that we have to fight, because if we don’t we’ll have to see our people die at rates not ever seen before now, when I say safe I need y'all to say sex. Alright we gonna try this,
SAFE!
SEX!
SAFE!
SEX!
So now people that you’ve heard this, please practice this. Thank you.

grlaqm

That poem was amazing. Your so inspiring.

Isabella293

This is powerful. You took a serious issue and you emphasized it and mentioned the ignorance that people can have about this issue every day. As much as some people may think that "Oh, this will never happen to me," the truth is, it can happen to anyone and you capitalized on this truth. Please, keep on writing. You know what, you could probably submit this to a contest or something and win. Just an idea, though.

Bodicca

Powerful, and real! Tears to my eyes by the passion you have for this. Thank you for your message. It really needs to go viral.