Hide Away

From a very young age, a girl is told to hide away

Hide her feelings 

Hide her opinion 

Hide her intelligence 

Hide her confidence and disguise it as shyness 

She is a part of a society where it is believed that a woman can never take control

She is a part of a society that will blame a girl for all of their problems, 

and that will see them as nothing more than a burden 

She is a part of a society where girls are criticized for all of their insecurities not allowing them to embrace their true unique selves

She is a part of a society where all of the other girls are seen as just her competitors and nothing more

She has to fight with all of the other women just to live up to their ideals

Their ideals that are impossible to live up to,

causing her to fall as well as many others just like her

She is a part of a society where it is impossible for someone like her to succeed 

She is a part of a society that tells her to change and not to accept herself for who she is

She is a part of a society that forces her to believe that she will never be good enough 

She is a part of a society where a young girl is more trusted with a lot of responsibilities than a grown man

She is a part of a society that puts more pressure on a female than a male to succeed without fail, with more obstacles in her way

She is a part of a society where a woman has a goal to create a family and is expected to depend on a man's income to help raise them

She is a part of a society where her degree is seen as nothing more than a mere decoration, with no worth unless you are a man

She is a part of a society where a woman is treated like a doll, forced to obey a man

She is a part of a society where it is wrong to talk back to a man, even if he may be wrong

She is a part of a society where each girl is assigned a pair of handcuffs disguised as bangles called marriage that she has to wear to finally be "free", a freedom that is promised only after marriage and which will only be gifted as an illusion, because in this society a woman is never free 

Not free to make her own rules

Not free to make her own decisions 

Not free to be independent 

She is a part of a society that is terribly messed up

And a messed up society will never succeed

Till then, she has to hide away and obey, in hope to survive