"Hero"

Locations

85303
85303
85303

I am like a shell,

Shielded and cold,

Always secluded and not afraid to walk alone.

Instead of always lacking confidence and fearing that I can't succeed,

I want to be that strenuous warrior that conquers the peak of that talllest mountain and achieves.

I want to believe.

I want to build my self-confidence because nothing is impossible for those who try,

I want to walk upon a bright, vivid path to success and embed the trace of unforgettable footsteps beind the innocent pupils of our young children's eyes,

So that maybe they'll risk the forever hidden dream and dare to fly,

I want to direct myself and others above the beautiful limit of the endless sky.

If I become a little more self-confident I can finallly be fullfilled with strong determination.

Then to the wiseful elderly, I'll be admiration,

To the fearful, I'll be motivation,

And to those who fail to reallize how precious they are to life, I'll be inspiration.

Remember; successs is a memorable journey, not  distinct destination.

My life has not always been a lovely, pure rose garden,

There's been rotten weeds costantly trying to devour everything that I've worked diligently to produce,

Nasty pests feasting upon th liveliness of my planted flowers,

But through it all I have sustained the balance o my indestuctible garden.

There's one smalll error in my garden: my sleeklike flowers have not bloomed.

Something's missing and I think it's the need of confidence to arrive soon.

Now it's time for me to develop assurance within myself and now I must blossom in order to alllow my achievements to sprout.

Now you'll see me gleaming with sureness and the absence of foolish doubt.

I will be a worthy champion, a honorable hero.

With self-confendence and pride,

The closer towards capturing the sensational stars I'll go.

I'll soar delicately upon the soft, cotton blankets of white clouds like an invincible eagle,

I'll be a hero.

RebeccaYSPerez

Self confidence, I believe is something that many people lack- whether other people know it or whether we show it, is something else entirely. I know, I for one, have struggled with being self assured and I think it is only when I'm standing up and reading poetry that I shed that weight. I think it is a beautiful thing to want to be self assured. This is a lovely poem, and I truly do hope that this dream comes true.

Thank you for sharing this,
Rebecca

TraneiceaW

Thanks for your comment, I really appreciate. I like to write the kind of poems that other people can relate to so I think that's why I chose to write about self-confidence. You're truly welcome and eventually, this dream will come true for me and others. Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Traneicea

RebeccaYSPerez

Of course, good work deserves good praise- never forget that. I'm curious if you've found any other poems on Power Poetry that you enjoyed that might share the same topic, can you share some of your favorites with me? I'd really love that! Keep up the great work- I'll definitely read more of your work! 

Rebecca