Glass Heart

I beat, every fragile fragment of my existence barely has the energy to move.

I beat, and the words like knives crack into the thin layer of my life's survival.

I beat, and the grades come rolling in like the tide rushing to meet the sand. I am lost in the waves of dissapointment and anger all aimed at me.

Letters etching into my sides and each one putting a label on my worth. As if I could be defined in one simple letter. 

I beat, and the bruises, marks and scratches up and down my walls are too much to take.

I beat grasping into the nothingness of the air clinging to the hope that someone or something will be there.

Nothing.

The cracks spread over my surface and the pressure like a gas valve is released. I am drowning in expectations and that have bashed me down into the shy speck of the girl I once was.

My meger existance wiped out completely in the blink of an eye by a thousand expectations far too high for one girl to meet.

Maybe,  just maybe that's why it's called high school, because they place limits around you in all the areas that you want to meet and then push you until you break in all the areas that you can't comprehend.

How dare you not understand this, a fifth grader can do this. You're so dumb. This was so easy how did you get that grade?! Maybe if you actually tried you would do better.

They don't see, for they are blind to the bags under my eyes and the empty stomach that I hold. Pushed to starvation and they cram their words down my throat, don't they see I will only thow them up again and  stare at them disgusted and fear.

High school? Is it for the thousands of us who don't meet your high standards? The hunderds of us who would rather die than spend one more day there?

Or maybe it is high school because only the ones who push their way to the very top of a mountain of lies and tears make it out with their glass hearts in one piece.