The Gift Horse

Wed, 11/13/2013 - 12:02 -- Hpage7

They say he is one of many, not worth more than any given penny. He has been passed along from hand to hand "too big, to weird, not fit for demand." His scars explain his many fears, a trailer, a whip, an auctioneer. Misunderstanding and frustration being the root, he comes with more problems than one cares to loot. Though he was overlooked some time ago, life has led him to a place he shall never go fro'. For he has found his forever home, with plenty of love and room to roam. What they do not realize, those in his past, is that they had only to give the simple things he asks. Food, water, shelter, love, to see that any other horse, he is above. In return for these small favors, he grows endlessly braver. Giving heart, body, and soul, willing to sacrifice all for one who gives up some control. He is a once-in-a-lifetime partner to one young girl, her shining pearl. He is gigantic and looks of the richest gold, and his heart, these qualities it also holds.