gaining something new

Accomplishment is great unless you're like me its hard to let sink in, growing up negativity is all that ever sank in, going from abuse and neglect, to trying to do great things and earning a real mans respect, its like when I'm praised I become frozen but not cuz of fear, its something strange and I want to let out tears, a warmth takes over and not sure how to take it, if I can describe it one word its happiness if I'm not mistaken, starting to have dreams where I'm a great success, dreams where I pass every test, getting closer and closer to the end of the tunnel where I can embrace the light, closer to paradise and away from the ring where I'm a dog ready to bite, look back and remember looking at the moon cuz it was the brightest thing at night, used to wish I could be just like it and shine, now I get what they mean by I'm the master of my fate captain of my soul, only you can choose your path, only you can put yourself on hold