Freedom

Wed, 07/13/2016 - 14:19 -- Jay16

Freedom of speech, a god willing giftA ounce of hope, a dream worth livingHeld hostage by the enemy living in my mindOnly to cause a ripple through space and timeCapture my thoughts, and took it precious timeI can’t bare to be captive; But I just have to be free I look up to skies, pondering where my story liesRemembering the rush of the words escaping with a rhymeDreading that fact of not being heard; Insanity took over Dreams were tarnished, and hopes were only half realityThe resurrection of myself, was extremely needed  A piece a paper with so many open spacesA blue faded line waiting to be touchedThe pen danced  with so much emotionAs my hand hit the paper, I became infatuated Each word laid lifeless, soon to be awaken An imagination so unrealistic had my mind racingThe way it curved so gracefully on the linesNever thought something so plainCould have such drastic changeSatisfied with the wonders climbing off the paper. At the age of thirteen came to realizationEmotions were more than skin deep.Facing reality was more than neededA most needed friend,left without a waveGuided me through her pastWhile showing possibilities beyond a graspIn my time of grief, my writing relaxed me. It freed me from my wrath, and instilled me in a better path I could have resisted the journey, but the hold was too strong.Lifetime of built up issues,became an eternity of bitter misuse.Yearned to relinquish my demons, and prayed to be pure.Such enticing things open from my mindIt spoke wonders leaving me with a smile. Days are no longer a memoryPain can no longer, have a gainDreams can no longer be deferredAll the empty space created in a raceEnded with no trace, just a nice long embrace.