Flint

I live to make other people's day better. through my eyes if I smile at you, and you have a better day also, then that makes me happier, and if I am happier I will smile at the next person, and hopefully receive the same response and make them happier to make me happier. A cycle I like to live to make me happy and you happy. Think if everyone lived to make each other happy. To make sure that the kid who isn't smiling, could find a reason to smile. This reason could be small, a funny noise, the sunrise, the warmth of the sun, the colors of the trees, something that won't fail to bring joy. The unchanging beautiful details of the world we live in.

These things bring me joy when I am low. I seek only to give that joy back to those who need it more than me at the moment. And I know that once I give that joy out, and I am running low, someone has been building joy for me to harvest from them so that I may find my smile and my spark of joy again.

I know that this world is sad and I see that, and that is the reason I smile. To me, a smile brings light into a dark world, some have seen that darkness one to many times and just need a spark to relight their fires of joy. I live to be the flint that those around me strike to light their fires of joy. I live to be a symbol of a better day, and I live to lift others up so that when I fall they hold my arms and pull me up. I live to be light in the darkness. To find and be the light others need me to be.

And though I may fail from time to time. I know that I can get back on my feet and push through life to find my joy again. Someday I will find one person who wants to be my flint as well. That will be a glorious day indeed.