Don't Grow Up

85009

usually as children, we fantasized about growning up.

we'd make a timeline in our minds that lead up to the day we could finally open the door and know that we had absolutely no obligation to go back inside.

we'd break a leg and still smile because we thought it'd show the world that we were not as small as it thought.

we'd climb trees that reached till the sky because we used to think that being tall means falling down would not be easy.

our troubles were like mathematical equations,

and most of the time,

the work required to solve them involved the factor of growing up because it was so easy to apply that method to everything which we thought equated to freedom.

we kept doing it and sometimes forgot that problems solved in numbers only have one answer.

that our minds arent built on pillars held by the mechanical wheels that equated to those problems.

we were to busy in our own imaginations where the stars could be touched and being tall meant being able to look down and feel as though the whole world was at our feet ,

to notice that our hands would still be too small to hold all our tears

our legs would be longer but also weaker to take us where our heart wanted to go.

we were just so innocent because we believed in a world where being invincible was not just a dream, it was a possibility.

but usually as children,

we dont think about how our bodies will soon wither away and how our thoughts will turn into dust.

we dont think about how growing bigger also means that our equations will turn into spines of a tree that keeps growing until on day,

they collapse,

taking us down with them.

~n.c.