Disconnected Generation

Today kids will never know a real conversation.

Today we text with no real direction.

Does anyone talk on the phone anymore?

I get the feeling as if a person needs a device to text or,Snapchat something great

We live in a place where 13 years old seek Likes from strangers from their pictures in bikinis , with lips puckered

What happened to riding on bikes around our neighborhoods?

What happened to calling our best friend and talking on the phone for hours?

Girls today will never know how big of a deal it was to have their first kiss 

Because most of them aren't even virgins.

We live in a world where predators no longer sneak through windows 

But hide  behind computers, cell phones.

We no longer live in a world where people just stand  and chat before class starts 

But look on screens of news feeds, snapchats, and texts.

I remember a time when I called a boy for the first time on my house phone.

I remember*69 and blockingmy number so he couldn't call the house phone again.

Girls today are taking pregnancy test in the bathrooms at school and boys

Are popping colorful pills or, asking an 18 year to buy them a blunt because they cant buy it for themselves.

No generation is perfect we have all had our form of rebellion.1920s the Bob haircut short  ,shorter hem lines ,looser clothing from the norm,1950s rock and roll folk song and rhythm and blues with an more upbeat tempo,1960s integration all people in one school no longer divided, 1970s women liberation .

Each generation had a rebellion yet they rebelled to keep people connected and,now kids

Are rebelling to divide us once again . 

The one thing that was made to keep us connected is also keeping us disconnected with real life.

We need to take a step back  and come together once again this isn't why prior generations rebelled for.