Detroit Thee

One might decide to visit Detroit one day on a whimThen be driven away from all the unpleasant stereotypes heard from her, and himCrime, desolation and povertyJust a few things outsiders might label, when they think of the city that belongs to you and meThose three words, don’t even begin to describe our city, it is much, much moreDetroit entails nothing but wonderful things galoreMotown, Joe Louis Arena, Greektown and moreA city that defies all of its labelsA city that is willingA city that is ableWith rich history and stories to tell at every cornerThat will capture the attention of any foreigner Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King walked our streetsFighting segregation, from their heads to their feetHenry Ford built and empire built on carsSetting the foundation for a city, bound to go farBerry Gordy began a music industry that boomed around the globeSetting off music waves like a strobeFood, sights and funDetroit’s best days, have just begunI guarantee that you will never find another such as fascinating as theeDetroitA city that belongs to you and me