Dear Teacher

I wouldn't open up to you if I could...

I wouldn't give you a chance even if others say I should...

On the inside I'm a paranoid schizophrenic on the verge of complete demise but on the outside I'm good...

Yet, you tell me that you understand...

You say my peers couldn't be that bad and make assumptions that I can defend myself because I am a man...

Well a man is only as strong as his mentality and the reality of this actuality is a fatality...

But I'm glad to see you think everything will resolve itself magically....

With all due respect Ms. White America you don't know what being a minority is like...

My hopes and dreams possibly murdered at the sight of the statement "please select an ethnicity or race"...

And ironically I am now in a race with thousands of others searching for a higher education...

Yet, I'm suppose to ask my father to pay for me to get through that situation...

She says, “Obstacles are like rain drops you're bound to get hit”...

I look her in the eyes and say I live off the coast where rain equals hurricanes and they bound to leave you without shit...

My hope for an education is the only thing I have and yet the world dangles the key to opportunity in my face...

And you could care less if I became a success or ended up like the majority of

My race...

I want to be different!!!!

Can't you read my words and feel that?

Can't you feel my touch and see that?

Opportunities are scarce for me..

I just want to make my mama and papa proud...

I’m going to calm down I'm sorry for getting loud...

But your assumptions allow me to continue to walk amongst land mines filled with inequality and false hope that'll send me to a grave...

If faith, hope, and dedication were forms of currency; I might have the possibility of being saved...

My dreams of higher education abandon me like fans leaving bleachers...

I contemplate on her being a listener and me being the speaker…

Yet, I keep these words to myself because its all just shit I can't say to my teacher...

Grant-Grey Porter Hawk Guda

Powerfully expressed! Truly powerful! Keep sharing keep sharing! The world needs your expression! Keep sharing your life your mind your heart!