Days On End

I dread the days that never end, they are hard and the life I live is not meant for me

For you should have just let me be

I can not continue on with these thoughts that race through my mind creating vivid impressions of things I don’t want to remember

My thoughts that used to let me be free have taken ahold of my freedom creating destruction

I try my best to destroy these images but they seem to be just getting louder and louder until I just can’t bare them anymore

And with you trying to make yourself feel better by throwing your weapons at me doesn’t do any good because I’m already immune to this pain

For I can not fight these monsters alone

The help I try to get is not the help I need

And the help I need is the help I can not get

I miss the days where I was free

Free of this life that has captured me,

Captured me of ...myself,

So I slash my skin to make the words appear on the outside instead of the inside

And I become numb with the alcohol that has poisoned me of all this pain

The mirror I look in becomes the reflection of the monsters inside me

So used to seeing them I don’t realize they take over my body just to become more powerful and make me fragile

I wish I could set myself free and take everything they took back

For these monsters have been a part of my life for far too long

And now, I shatter the mirror hoping it will kill the monsters so I can be set free again

But was I ever really free or were these monsters burrowed beneath my skin my entire life waiting for the perfect time to come out