Can you hear it?

Mon, 09/30/2013 - 22:50 -- speatee

Tapping the pencil against a desk, the scraping of a chair across the hardwood floor,running fingers along the keys of a piano lost in thought,                       what is that intangible, sweet tasting sound I've come to adore? My ears have perked in anticipation.           Is it simply a reverberation in my mind?          All this waiting and hesitation; the feeling of this sound is so unique and new,                                                                                   like a rhythm dancing to its own time. A finger cannot be placed on those fragile notes,                                                                                                                   neither which direction they have come from or where they are to be found.                                            Walking throughout the city with people restless and on the move,                                                                           I look at bright round faces to see if they can hear it too, but no one acts as though they do.I touch the side of my face to the edge of the sidewalk,  hearing the click clack of high heels and shiny work shoes,like the unending sound of a tick tock-ing clock.                                                                         All this clatter makes the direction of the symphony in my head even harder to be found.    Even humming a little tune cannot quite enrich the curiosity brought on by you, darling sound. Then the sky opens up like song book with notes seeping from its pages,  with a splash of cool water squishing under my boots I begin to wonder,Can I hear it in the rain?No, that sounds too much like tears.  On vacation I stand on top of a slipping mountain slope, looking below at the green valley shining crisp and full of dew, I take a gasp of air and yelp out with a wonder,                                                                                                                                                               Can I hear it in the shadowy echo bouncing from the face of an aged rock into the belly of an unexplored cave?                                                                          No, that sounds much too vague and subdued. When I ride my bike out in the winding country roads, the wind strikes a sharp chord through sturdy corn husks like a freshly tuned harp,I listen for the sound I so desperately wish to hear, but it only sounds distant,and much farther than near.  Something finally gives me a clue, it's something I should have foreseen,and there's nothing I can do to get the sound out of my mind.It's every time I look at you that sets my heart racing with a new tune.You're the notes of my masterpiece symphony, and the reason I feel as though my stomach is standing in ovation. There's nothing more I can do but sitand listen to my heart thumping a thousand beats a tune.                I finally know what brings music to my ears and has always been true;I love you.I wish you could hear it too.