Blind Girl

She told me that he is beautiful, and I believe her.

He tells me that he loves me, and there is nothing stopping me from believing him wholeheartedly.

I know the world is beautiful; I hear it every day.

But I can’t see anything, my eyes, they see black and spots of dark gray.

My world is disappearing from everything that seeps within.

I am gasping for a breath of fresh air, a breath that would save me from the darkness that envelopes me.

I will never get to draw a line connecting to the rest of the living, seeing, emotional creatures.

They will always be distant from me.

A deep infatuation lies inside of me, a lust for the beauty in this non-stop, drifting world.

Life seems so trivial, to those who can live it.

But I am stuck inside of a mental cage, ready to escape all that threatens me.

It is in those moments that my soul fills with envy, for those who can see when all I can do is feel.

All I can do is hear.

All I do is cry.

And to think that you know what the intricacies of every twist and turn of this world looks like.

I feel a void coming from within that sucks the upright curve from the landscape of my face.

I’ve always been afraid of the unknown, and now I am stuck in an iridescent hole that will never hold me.

It will not give me hope; it will leave me hollow and I will never be able to fill it with the colors that brighten up each and every moment.

The shape in which you take place will never form in the metaphysical land of my mind.

And I am left questioning where I stand, if I cannot grasp the light in the sky, the sparkle in your eyes, the tears falling down her cheek.

He knows I feel empty, because I know that this world holds beauty.

But I will never see it, for it is at the tips of my fingers and far away from my eyes.

When I listen to those melodies, they sing a tone that my eyes will never see.

My looking glass is desolate and in the waves that breeze through those luscious green trees,

I know it is beautiful, but for you, not for me.