Big Black and Beautiful

To all the thick girls who've been talked down before because of their size despite their inner and outer beauty this is for you.

I walk into the room and I don't need to hear it because I already know it
I can't help it that you've never seen something like this
I can't help it there's a little more meat on this side of town
Why must I be demeaned because parts of my body jiggle when I walk down the street
Why must parts of my body be grabbed and touched for satisfaction before I am properly approached
They used to define me by the term fat but now thanks to the art of rap I can be referred to as BBW
Don't get me wrong I do love Drake and there's nothing wrong with him loving a woman juicier than his steak
But why is it that women like me weren't embraced enough before a rap artist had something to say about it
Why is that I even have to be defined why can't I just be myself
If I'm comfortable in my own skin why can't I receive the love of men without being tossed around like a tin
Just because I'm big doesn't mean I was created for your pleasure because this right here truly is an amazing treasure and only few will ever get the chance to discover
They say fat meat is greasy which explains why getting a girl like me ain't easy
Even though I am the one that you approach so you can go back to your home boy and brag how you got the girl with the biggest you know what I'll forever be more than that
I'll be the first to tell you I can easily get on a tread mill I just choose not to but the point is if I wanted to I could and then my body would change and then you'll want to leave
I am not just a number and I am not just a toy
I know my black is beautiful so I get why you must stare

But I am deeper than your eyes will ever take the time see I am a big beautiful black woman with soul and my personality is the biggest piece of gold you could ever have if only you took the time to realize there's more on the inside but that you rather me hide so you can keep me as the women on the side