The Ballad Of San Francisco

Thu, 05/23/2013 - 19:51 -- bardgrl

98074

Denis holds her, tender loving, brand new to the world An unwritten sheet, ready to live Denis smiles, happy again. This new life has healed him from the loss of Johnny. Hugging Elisa, satisfaction fills his soul Maybe he doesn’t have long, But what he has left he will spend loving Loving, like Johnny did Fast forward, months later He’s lasted, barely, but he’s here Coughing, headaches, shaking, his weakness has come What took Johnny is coming back for him Denis walks down the street, strolling through his city He rolls his tongue, and feels the spots in his mouth He visits Elisa and Matt, and little Courtney too A happy family, the one he never had With Johnny gone, he thought it was over The sadness had enveloped his life. Survivors guilt. But he had to keep going That’s what Johnny would have wanted When he returns home, he searches through the photo albums In the beginning there was he and Johnny, friends, roommates There were Halloweens spent in drag And their beautiful city, all laid out behind them Then they became a couple, happy in love Gazing into the other’s eyes, so young, so alive Then come their friends, Paul, Elisa, Matt, Scott Then Johnny disappears from the memories, a hole Much like the one in his heart Then comes little Courtney Denis loves her, her smile, her little fingers, the way that she is so young and innocent In a big and cruel world, a world that thought he Johnny were wrong For their love of each other With this thought, Denis falls back, to bed, to sleep, a forever sleep A sleep that will fly him up to Johnny, where they can stay Stay and love In the morning when he is found, Elisa and Matt Will get the phone call Tears, crying, like wounded animals But little Courtney, she doesn’t understand yet And Denis hopes she never will