ABC Poem

ABC Poem

What I’d Really Like to Say

By Cassandra Leissler

A lot of assignments are challenging. But, this one takes the cake. Can’t we think of more efficient ways to torture students? Do we always have to go for the slow and painful methods? Everyone knows that students need creative assignments for their own good. Few teachers, however, are as devious and original as Mrs. Miller.

Great teachers are measured by the nervous twitches evident in their students. Hysteria is another indicator. In this regard, again, Mrs. Miller walks away with the grand prize. Just yesterday, her class was mistaken for that group that tested the new energy drink, so numerous were their tics. Keep it up, O Great Instructor! Little do the children know how they will appreciate your harsh ways later in life.

Many a former student of Mrs. Miller are now among the rich and famous. None credit their success to her methods. On the contrary, they claim to have learned merely to survive in her class. Perhaps that is the most important life skill of all. Quietly continuing to draw breath, even after a semester’s worth of insurmountable assignments, amazing!

Real are the benefits to the virtue of perseverance. Steady is the hand of one who has beaten the odds and lived. True grit beats best effort every time. Until now, the students had no idea how bad it could be. Vast will be their relief upon graduation from the sixth grade and Mrs. Miller’s Language Arts class.

When we are safely in the seventh grade at T.A. Howard, we’ll think back fondly of your class. Expect no thanks. You’ll just have to be content knowing how you contributed. Zebras rule!!!!!!