You love me

You love me       You love me?      Tell me one more time why you tried to hit me      And told me I was stupid      Worthless      Nothing       Yeah, you love me, right?      You care so much about what I do      That you lock me in at home      Take my keys and tell me      It’s for me       It’s so that nothing’s wrong      I’m safer with you      So much safer with you       And your words      Your hands       Those hands that use to cradle me and put me to sleep      Those hands that--      Those hands that hurt me last night       Those hands that went around my neck and squeezed      Tight      Yeah, you love me, though      Right?       Don’t tell me you fucking love me      Everyone’s saying those goddamn words like they don’t know the meaning      This affection that you have?      It’s killing me      Don’t tell me you love me because--       Because most of the time I still love you      And when I think about what you do      What you’ve done      My throat closes up because--      Because I’d never do that to you       I love you      I really do      Wait, no      In the beginning, the person I met      I didn’t know you        The hard part is letting go      But now I know      And because I love myself      I’m letting you go       I’m going to get myself someone who will listen      Not only tell me they love me, but show it       They won’t touch me without my permission      We’ll talk about our days      Talk about our frustrations       We’ll compromise      Sleep soundly at the dead of night       Imagine that      Actually having a conversation without yelling       Without having to get offended by the simplest things       I always wondered how many curse words you could fit in one sentence      I still don’t know       You’re intoxicating, even when you’re helping      You tell me I’m a fucking baby!      Well, who’s the one cooking?      Cleaning?      Acting like your mommy       I’m going to get myself someone who will appreciate me      Is kind to me      And show me what a healthy relationship is        You should already know why I’m leaving      But since you always need an answer for everything      It’s because       (laughably, really...)      You love me