Yellow

I think when I actually knew how happy you made me that's when I got scared, but I've always been the one that wouldn't run from the fire, I would run to it. You started promising things that would soon have no hope. You promised things that would tear me apart in the end, but I was blinded by the yellow caution lights that came with you, so to me... You were yellow, but I embraced yellow... because yellow made me feel the warmth of the sun after years of being in the dark. Your light faded and you became broken glass and I stepped on you even though I knew you would scar me, but I guess that's what love is... The sun loved the moon so much that she died every night just for him to live, but as the sun set and the moon came out I slowly felt your pinkie finger fall away from mine and it was in that moment that hands didn't mean hope for us anymore... The moment you left I lost a part of me and it felt like you wrapped your hand around my neck and choked all the happiness out of me. I was in love with a murderer.