Words

Mon, 05/06/2019 - 18:18 -- TowettS

Your walking down the halls of a familiar place as you see someone crying quietly in a corner.

I want you for a second to put yourself in their shoes, experience the life their living and the pain that they’re feeling.

What is it like? How does it feel? They are most likely trying to live the happiest life they can, trying to best version of themselves they can acheive

What breaks them the most? What makes them feel as if they can't not take another step farther into their future though their only so young.

It’s the words we say, i’m telling you! It’s epidemic and its spreading fast. It’s like a wildfire one catches the flame and simply passes it on no matter what it is.

Sometimes our words pass messages that were never supposed to be passed on. As if they were just waiting to spring off out of someones mouth. Sometimes we share them as joke but they end up as so much more than that.

As those words hit a person, It as if someone is punching you in the stomach. You don’t know what to say, you don’t know who to trust, there’s just this area of grey, and above all you don’t know how to adjust

To the future that is being set in front of you

You’re sick of hiding your feelings, but you don’t know how to say something without feeling like your taking another beating.

At this point you don’t even know if there is meaning to living. And if there is your pleading where is it now because right now in your life losing is winning.

Our words are powerful tools. So why use them to break down one another. Our words can inspire, our words can make us admire the beautiful in others. So why do we choose to hurt more than we love each other.

Poetry Slam: