Words

As a child, I was told"Sticks and stones may break your bones,But words can never hurt you,"As if words were to be ignored."They're just words- nothing more." Words are pure power-to communicate,to express, and most of all,to persude.To start a war or to have peace,to make friends or enemies.To change the way you percieveinto all that they believe.The power of words is greater than most can concieve. Words may never break your back,but they can make you feel ugly and fat.They can make the image in your mirrordistorted, not how it really appears.Words can be more lethal than any gun,any bomb or weapon under the sun.But this isn't a matter of oppressionbecause the power of words is in everyone. The power of words, of poetry and speechwill never be too far out of your reach.It doesn't cost money, you don't need a degree,just some time and a spirit thats free. When problems arise that violence won't solve,using language instead lets our world evolve.The solution begins with just one first verse,then another, and more, becoming diverseand soon you have changed the whole universe. As if words were to be ignored-They're not just words, they're much, much more.