Why I stopped Going to Church

32940

1. I saw Roots. And when the white man required Kunta be called "Tobe", because its a "good Christian name", I decided I was finished.
2. They say that we are all brothers and sisters in the eyes of God, but would my brothers and sisters bag on me because I'm black?
3. They tried to tell me that Jesus wasn't black.
4. In Christian theology they forbid gayness and excessive drinking, when in reality that's all their Christmas celebration is. Look it up. Its Pagan.
5. Bible thumpers use God's grace as a "get out of jail free" card. They mess around Monday through Saturday and use the sabbath day to get saved.
6. The church people hate gays and and anyone else who isn't Biblically strait for that matter and
7. They use mission trips to third-world countries to bring more people to the church which brings more money, like "we have mission trips to Mexico and Haiti monthly".
8. In reality it's probably some rich white man thats getting laid behind the scenes cuz the women love a man with tax write-offs, right?
9. They alienate the Rastafari. Its ironic because the Rastas are the closest thing we have to prophets today. We generally stay poor, roam the country and burn the wisdom weed. "Head of Jah" is what it translates to literally.
10. As you can see, Christian theology doesn't agree with me, so next time you need to bring somebody to Youth, don't talk to me.

openny17

This is not an attack on Christianity. It is merely a perception of theology from a sub-Christian point of view. This is what happens when you remove yourself from the confines of titles and labels and just be.