Why do we hide it?

90066

Why do we hide it like it isn’t there, like it didn’t happen or affect our lives? The civil rights movement has been put under a veil and we have managed to drown out the cries. But they WERE there; people under hoses and students at bars, drafting speeches and using words to move racist mules, sitting amongst friends to express peaceful thoughts while noticing parts of the constitution had turned cruel.

Why do we hide it and “save our own skin”… skin – what a funny thing to identify by. So I speak out and ignore those who cringe because I have deep motivation in my life; deeper than skin, than some color – deep as my soul and as real as the blind unconditional love of a mother. As inspiring as the civil rights movement’s groans and as moving as the pride I find amongst brothers.

Great thinkers-the brave Frederick Douglas – inspire me and outspoken women like Ida B Wells because I agree that education is the key to be free and I will fight peacefully even if I end up in a cell. Why do we hide it – hide the change that needs to be made like it isn’t happening now and changing our lives. We should be able to go to any school without being afraid but first we must confront all of the lies.

We are all equal – no, this is not true … because we ARE unique thanks to our thoughts. The exterior shades are irrelevant – black, white, or blue. So I will never be silent and will speak for peace, stand tall, and talk.

MVP-Most Valuable Poet

have a group of people and host of conference in spreading the importance of equuality
great job and keep writing