Who do you want to be?

What do you want to be? 
We have been asked since we were little.
We say things like princess or cop because they sound pretty cool to us. We don't think of being happy because we are always happy. We fall down and mom kisses our boo-boo and then we get back up because the owwy doesn't hurt any more and mom is telling us we are strong. 
Somewhere along the way we forget that we are strong. We forget that we deserve to be happy. With all the money in the world and all the things that money can give us it is easy to think that we can grit our teeth and survive a job just for the pieces of paper at the end of the day.
When did we fall apart? When did we think of our happiness as only a temporary thing that with favorable conditions could last longer than a day? I refuse to get sucked in. 
I am a girl that is scared of needles, who passes out when getting poked. I am a girl who jumps at scary movies and screams when something pops out. But I am also the girl that cries when people are hurt and wishes that pain would stop. I may be the girl who is afraid of spiders but I'm not the girl afraid to stand up for someone. 
My job should be helping people. My job will be helping people. Whether it is a five year old child or a fifty year old man I know that I will not be happy with accounting or science or math. I may be good at them but with a lack of passion the world doesn't go round. Christopher Columbus didn't venture to America because he was fickle between the money he'd get paid traveling or working at a shop. 
I may only be sixteen but I know that I don't want to be a princess or a cop because I'm not always happy but I deserve to be.