Where Did the Music Go?

"Where did the music go?" the children will ask in a hundred years or so.

"The music was cut." will say a man of silent remorse.

"What was wrong with the music? Was it bad? Was it poor?"

"No my children, music was something more."

"Well what happened? Where did the music go?"

"Im afraid the people back then just pushed it out the door. Out the doors of schools, both big and small. They push music out of society, but they didnt know. They didnt know about the silence, the sudden woe, that would be bestowed upon them, without the musical glow."

"Can we bring it back? Can we play it once more?"

" I suppose its possible, but the possibility is small. I bet you could do it, you could cure us all. It requires a drum for rhythm, a beat to snap, vibrant colors from the winds, and the sway from the brass. It requires a voice to sing, a shaker to shake, a string to resonate, boy I bet that'd set society straight."

"So lets do it! Oh wouldnt it be great!?"

"Slow down there child, take a small break. Music is a way to express yourself, but we both know we are all the same. Thats the problem with music my child, it creates a sudden change."

So the child sighed and dreamt of a world where the music played, where she could dance to the rhythm in a place where the music stayed.

snazzers13

Cutting the arts in schools is totally wrong and unjust.