What is love

It was depending on myself for years, and then allowing you in. It’s breaking down every wall and finally being able to say without a doubt “I have one true home.” Taking years to get to that point all the while you waited patiently, never pushing and never becoming what all the others “thought” I needed. Knowing with trust that you are the one who will sit there and listen to me break down until I am as deep as a grain of sand, and only then will you hold me in your hands and look at me softly without judgment and whisper what I need to hear into my depleted soul. You will not only watch me grow but you will grow with me; we will watch and help each other build and become what we never thought we deserved.

It’s you seeing my scared, contorted body and without hesitation or another thought telling my how nothing can compare to my charisma. With every touch on my arm and neck seeing myself more and more as you do each day. As the goose bumps devour me, I feel myself shifting with each layer inside out. You do this time and time again after the succubus comes and destroys all of your work. You never faultier and you never lose that image that you build me up to each and every day. I know I am unable to be as stable as you would wish, to one day see your work accomplished. Sometimes I cannot control the demons that show they’re disgruntled faces.

You have shown me that it is OK to walk through hell for those who you cannot move on without. That our anger which seems to move the earth is what keeps our world turning with our happiness. You are the honor I strive for; your touch is the favor I fight for in the battle with myself. This relationship has been anything but normal, easy, or close to perfect. But our souls are twins and now that they have found each other we are forever tied in this dance that only we two know the steps.

What is love; no words could truly explain. It is something you have shown me. You have changed me and for this I thank you. I am truly privileged to have you as my husband.