What Is It That Makes You Special?

What is it, exactly, that makes a person special? Is it the way they receive high scores on an English test, or the way they can speak three different languages? Being special goes way beyond how wealthy someone is, what genre of music they like, or even how knowledgeable they are. Being special, to me, is the way someone looks at the stars, it's the way someone fights their battles, it's the way someone decides to avoid certain obstacles. For one to be especial, does not come from the makeup you wear, or the fancy jewelry you own, it comes from your mind, your heart, and your soul. In today’s world, society is based off of perfection, but no one is perfect. We all make mistakes and we all sin, but that does not mean that we are not noteworthy or good enough, it just means that we are human. People are faulting mistakes for deleterious effects, while we should be embracing the mistakes we make, because they help us not only to learn from them, but to grow. I may not have the most supreme grades, the most substantial vocabulary, and I most definitely do not have the most amazing voice, however, I still try my best and never stop trying to better myself, whether it be as a scholar, an artist, a performer, a singer, or actor, or most importantly as a person. I think what’s special about me is that through harsh words and pessimistic people, I always try to see the brighter side of things. I want to be a role model to others and be inspirational. I will be the first in my immediate family of four generations to go to college and the first in three generations to graduate high school. So if there is anything I know better than anyone, it’s that you can do whatever you set your mind to, that you are good enough, and that no one else’s opinion about you matters, except yours. If you know that you are bright, kind, intelligent, and strong, then you can get through any difficulty or battle, all you have to do is have a little faith. Especially because you are special and you are worth it.