Waves

And like the waves he was gone. and like the waves she will stand strong. and like the waves she will not be swayed. and like the waves she will be okay. the pounding and pressure far out in the sea. life’s current goes on despite the day, despite the night. knowing there’s nothing left to do but fight. the water calms and the waves settle, but only for a moment. the sun hides beneath the sky, but only for a moment. only for a moment. and like the waves she will be free. and like the waves she will find her way. and like the waves she’s caught in the day. back and forth they run, to open water and back to shore. far, far out when they could be seen no more. but in the end they all come back, the tide goes up and the sea goes calm. this is where she’s meant to be by the ocean by the sea. singing along to the melody of the waves. the crash and the swoosh, singing to the tunes of life. and one day she too will be gone. like the waves she will be gone. and like the waves she will calm down. and like the waves she will go on. but one day she too will be gone.