Vidal to My Body

Three word with so many meanings.

Tippy toes about to fall.

Words that don’t have a definition.

Words that can walk straight through walls and hit you right in the heart all at once.

I love you.

I, the ninth letter of the English alphabet, a vowel.

Love, sexual passion or desire.

You, one; anyone; people in general.

You love me?

Each word alone sounds a beautiful as a mute man singing.

Altogether, as scary as a still heart rate monitor.

Lovers or friends? What love is it?

Lovers, hating that person at moments but doing everything in your power to put their happiness before your own.

Friends, ability to leave when it gets bad, no heart strings attached. But its still “love”.

Is it the love I want from you? I don’t know, because all you said was “I love you”.

Did you say it because it felt right in an empty parking lot at eight o’clock at night?

Or

Because you have held it in sense the moment you looked into the white sea with the grey sun set called my eyes.

Every moment wanting to say it a million times over.

Looking at me from across a room filled with people but wishing it was just you and I.

Because

I can tell you from the moment I seen you beautiful sea blue eyes I no longer chose to see in black and white and the grey in between.

Being too scared to say hello because my beauty could not compare to your own.

The ora you put off is much above my own and makes me cringe in fear because I have never seen perfection until you.

The last sentence I heard containing those three words was said three months ago by an under aged drinker and pot head that thought it was okay to call once a week for five minutes at eleven o’clock at night, but that’s if I was lucky.

That was the only love I had ever known.

Same with the sentence “only because I love you”.

Don’t tell me you love me.

Tell me you want me to love you more than I love twitter, Instagram, Netflix, and sour worms.

Tell me you want me to look into your eyes like I look into the view finder of my camera.

Tell me you want me to stand on that step above you so I can look into your eyes without hurting my neck.

Don’t tell me you love me.

Show me you love me.

Wrap your arms around my delicate figure and hold me tight.

Never let me go.

Let me hear your heart beat in unison with my own.

Show me you love me.

I need your love to replace that of my dwindling father figure.

Your love is vidal to my body like oxygen to my blood.

Three words, meaningless apart but when put together, mean the world.

Love, sexual passion or desire.

You, one; anyone; people in general.