United State of Mind

"Texas is the greatest state." -Some Texan

"Florida is the only place to live." -Some Floridian

All of these people with so much patriotism, not only for their country, but their states. There is always a group of people who don't believe that they belong there though. You may live in Colorado but you have a Maine State of Mind. You may reside in California but you have a Wisconsin State of Mind. That's fine. You belong where you want to. But you reach a Country of Mind, or Continent of Mind and you reach trouble. Some people believe they aren't from this Earth. But rejoice, because we are one person and all these thoughts come together to form one beautiful mind. Conflicting or coming together? Depends on your state of mind, so where are you at? Another state, another team, another school, another job, because we can come together at any point. Let us rally for each other, regardless of stereotypes and color, race or religion. We have to work as one to evolve, because individual growth leads to power trips and dictatorships. Defy what we were told about being different. Let's all be something together for once. Let's be birds and fly, all in a straight line, none of this V-formation, because we are equal. Let us circle the globe with are wings and embrace where we are so lucky to live. Then, take a moment and embrace each other, which is needed now more than ever. Let us have our different states of minds, but be somewhere together. Hand in hand, everything void of color, of disabilities, of religion, of envy and coveting. Could we all be one for once?

"Texas isn't the only state, we live in a great big world." -Some Texan

"Florida is nice, but I would love to travel somewhere else one day." -Some Floridian

"Let's be at peace and be united." -People Everwhere