The Two Fishes Captured by a String of Lies

Born as a Pisces,/I am like a fish which can’t survive without water,/as if I can’t survive without my twin,/yet we’re siblings whom have to let each other go someday,/but today I wake up to see a… flying fish/faintly float across our world/and vanish whenever one makes contact with it./No one seems to see it except for me./Still, it was as beautiful as when I first met it,/yet I felt like that wasn't the first time,/for the two of us are one and the same./If two liars spin their lies,/there will be no difference between a truth and a lie/so long as they are sweet lies,/as life is filled with burdens./ Burdens to shoulder or put on others,/but for a brief moment.../I can enjoy an escape of happy dreams/to forget the shackle of time/and have a little fun./Along with this dream-like state of deception/that I am lost in everyday,/here is an upside-down Eden/that has authority in my wake./"Snap out of it!"/"Being lost in thought is fatal,/it isolates people even more."/The person called Daydream.../from the very start.../never existed.../ My existence was never written in its story,/I was lying this whole time.../all these years.../I never had a mirrored twin,/yet that it is the one person I must recall./With reality as my juvenile,/I am a flying caged fish/who turns to the addicting,/yet bittersweet escapism/in the underwater dream world./Though I know there's nothing/out there for me to reach,/I still seek answers through sleeping lies./They pain my heart as tears come,/but fills my heart with infectious excitement./ However, sadness lingered my heart whenever it ended,/and so I continued to dream to fill up that sadness./In turn I am now a fool trapped in stories,/in which I was saved by with no regrets,/for it was the beginning that I yearned for,/that repeats itself through lying dreams,/yet it is to be the end of this world in which we reside./Embraced by emptiness,/I don't know how I get lost,/nor why I feel like I'll return to/such an inexcusable habit/built on lies and contradictions./This is neither a tragic story nor a comedic one,/but a circus where I came for something,/yet here is a prison cell where there's nothing./

nhapha16

To whoever this concerns,

I apologize for the format. When I uploaded this poem, it would stubbornly remain in paragraph form; therefore, I decided to use the dash to separte each line.

Sincerely,

Nhan P.