Tired of My Good Streak

Mon, 05/20/2013 - 13:58 -- lmann12

31210

I've always been the peacemaker of my friends,
The one who always does the right thing.
The one who never fights back for what she truly wants
And how she truly feels.
Because I have always seen the brighter side to these situations,
And have picked my battles wisely.
Now I’m here to say I’m done.
Sick with your negativity and ongoing complaints,
My worries are no longer for you or of you.
My efforts to help you have come to an end.
Your lack of appreciation or simply kindness towards me as a friend
Is sickening.
No longer will I go out of my way to help you.
I am tired of my good streak.
I take the burden of you and place it in Gods hands.
For not I can help you, but I know he can.

lmann12

It never hit me that I was a victim of bullying. Probably because the bully happens to be one of my closest friends, she is very straight forward and confidently pronounces herself as a bitch. That should have been a red flag for my in the beginning but i always give people the benefit of the doubt. We are like Yin and Yang, i am a optimistic glass half full kind of girl, while she is very negative and complains all the time. Yet we have always gotten along. She does not have the best family history and never lets anyone forget it, but she fails to realize what is right in front of her face. Friends who love care for her and go to great lengths to help her. I try to live my life in Gods image and do what is best, but taking the insults and ungratefulness that she lashes out on me is depressing. I need to accept the reality that i can not help her anymore, she needs to grow up and mature on her own. Of course i am not completely cutting her off but i am not just going to sit there and take it anymore. I have prayed about this and stand strong in my decision. She will belittle me no more.