Thorns

averyclausen

Momma says don't touch the thorns

They make your fingers bleedbut i love the scars that they often leaveEach tells a storySome old and some newEach with their own glory and fascination will rise and curiosity growsWe'll have to learn from our tribulations  from the thorns we will touchSome hurt more than othersSometimes we bleed longerSometimes the thorns get lodgedleaving a woundon the tip of my fingers It's like I'll never learn but the thorns are protectingthe thing I want mostThe flower It's infectingmy skin and my bonestrying to knock me down these thornstill they run out of stonesbut the thing they don't knowis that my heart truely loves themIt yearns for their wonderStrives for their cover Maybe my heart has some thorns of it's ownMy maker has been splintering thembreaking my wallsThe world has built themThough they're not very tall the world didn't knowmy daddy is a carpenter he can break these forsaken wallshe hasn't been fooled As I look up and say "But lord I'm just a child" He knows I'm greater, bigger, strongerHe's preparing me for battle strengthening my laughterThis battle is one of love and it's his people who need itThey have thorns tooJust like the ones I once had He wants to free them and show them the love he showed meThe love of a fatherThe only love that's free