Thanks Mom and Dad

Dear Mom and Dad,

I know that I have never actually met, but I need to know. Why? What was so wrong with me that you would give me up before I was even born? Why did you decide to have a baby if you weren’t even going to keep it? Was I an accident that was never supposed to happen? I have always wanted to know what it would be like to know who you are. I want to know what it is like to have your real parents in your life, but I will never know because you gave me away. You have never been there for me when I need a shoulder to cry on. You have missed everything that has ever been important to me. You missed my first steps, words, my first day of school, but none of that is important to you. All I have ever wanted was to know you, but now I am not sure if I still want that. I have had the same dream almost every night of my whole life of me being with you and you loving me. I have grown up so strong because you were never in my life. I want to thank you for giving me up. If it weren’t for you, I wouldn't have the amazing life I have. Even though you have never been a part of it, you have made a huge impact on my life. My only wish is that you could know how much you have done for me since you were never there.

Your Daughter,

Nicole