Thank You Racial Injustice

I want to start off by saying thank you because you’ve broken me down to my core, you charge me 25 to life while your cousins hold the knife, the knife that ended the life of a young black man. Call me crazy my heart of steel gleams lowly moonlight brightens my face but the weight you put on my shoulders is as lite as the moon. We bleed the same I’m alive for now until you falsely accuse me of shooting up a store or breaking and entering you rather profile me while mass murderers run free, they're here and there because you fear a skin tone more than you fear a mad man behind the trigger. Thank you for the stress you put on young mothers who are already alone because of locked up fathers thank you for adopting mixed and black kids out of foster care and drowning their heritage to you my skin is paper your nation and your police and your judges and your privileged parents are the shredder you want me to be you so bad that when I don’t conform my life ends I'm dead. I won't judge you though I won't I promise... I won't run into your church's and shoot your choir and I won't blame an eleven your old of whistling at a woman I won't shoot down your kids who stand with their hands held high fear in their eyes and I won't shoot up your schools and your rich neighborhood and the plea insanity because as much as you hurt me I can't bring myself to hurt you