Temporary Euphoria

Temporary Euphoria.
The knots in your stomach and the racing of your heart when he touches you in that magical spot at the small of your back.
Temporary Euphoria.
The adrenaline rush you get when you running around where you ought not be, doing what you ought not do and then getting away with it.
As we grow up, most of us learn that for every action, there is a reaction whether it be good or bad and most of us grow beyond the hype of temporary euphorias.
However some of us don't.
Some of us get caught up in the Temporary Euphoria of his touch so we fail to look ahead to the permanent parental responsibilities that come as an effect of his temporary euphoria. 
Some of us get caught up in the temporary euphoria of "getting away with it" that we grow bigger and badder with the belief that we can't get caught.
Until we are.
And that temporary euphoria leaves us in a potentially permanent penitentiary that we can't escape even after paying our debt. Not that this corrupt society wants us to anyway.
Yeah. That Temporary Euphoria.
Like the one we gradually get as yet another revolution is completed in the cycle receiving at the right and passing to the left.
The lightness of everything surrounding us and the burdens we once carried so heavily being lifted up for no apparent reason other than the inhalation of this this cellular paralysis-- I mean Temporary euphoria into our body.
But its okay if it's just to help us feel good for a little while. Just enough to escape the chaos of life even for a minute.
Just enough for the pain to ease.
We don't see our Temporary Euphorias for the self destruction they are, but as a blessing for those of us who grieve. Nothing bad is going to happen 'cause we go it under control.
Until that temporary euphoria becomes a permanent crutch that we have to have or else we're left crippled to our souls.
Temporary Euphoria.
No, see some of us don't see the self destruction until we come down from the high. We don't see it until we laid out flat from the realization that our temporary euphoria is exactly that.
TEMPORARY.
The same ton of pain that we carried before,
The same ton of pain that got lifted with every puff of the blunt, every sip of the lean, every pop of the pill, every fix of the faux female savior we refer to as heroine comes crashing down on us like a racing train directly into a tractor trailer because that temporary euphoria is gone.
And the only way not to crash is to never come down.
So now its not to ease the pain, its not just for a little while anymore. No, we need that temporary euphoria to get out the door. To go down the street. To get something to eat. That temporary euphoria is the only thing that can move our feet. 
We've let ourselves get so sucked into our temporary euphorias whether it be his touch, the thrill, the drugs, this world and we lose ourselves.
When we lose ourselves in a temporary euphoria we lose our knowledge of what's wrong and right, what's up, what's down, the darkness and the light.
We lose ourselves in temporary euphorias and we lose all of our sight.
So we can't see ourselves crumbling. We can't see our loved ones suffering.
All we see is that temporary euphoria and we chase it down like the predator unknown to the fact that in reality, we are the prey.
Temporary Euphoria.
But see, I love you enough to let you know that you don't need a temporary euphoria when so many things in life come with a beautiful bliss to which no temporary crap can compare.
Life is about the beautiful bliss of making lifelong relationships.
Not cutting them short behind our temporary euphorias. 
Life is about the beautiful bliss of enjoying the ones we love.
Not hurting them behind our temporary euphorias.
Life is about going in the way that eventually ends at our heavenly home.
Not wasting away behind the evil of our temporary euphorias.
You look at me and question:
WHY DO YOU CARE? THIS DOESN'T CONCERN YOU, ITS ME!
Temporary Euphoria got you blinded to the fact that in fact, its always been we. 
Because yeah, I don't indulge in the Temporary Euphorias as you do. But when your temporary euphoria left you doubled over in a pool of confused tears, I felt that.
When your temporary euphoria left you with more questions than answers, I  felt that.
So as far as I'm concerned, its not you and yours, its us and ours.
But alright, Ima leave you alone and let you be.
If that's what you want.
I just wanted to take this opportunity to ask that you not let any of this corrupt world's temporary euphorias lead you to a place where you don't want to be.
So please. 
Just listen to me.
Focus on me.
And NOT this Temporary Euphoria.

Grant-Grey Porter Hawk Guda

Powerful expression! Please never stop expressing from the heart. Continue the journey of poetry.