TEENAGE VISION

I’ve always had this vision. 

It was about my teenage years and all the things I thought I would do and have.

You know, when you’re too old to play grade-school games but too young to do young adult things. 

I imagined that I’d be the prettiest thing and everyone would want to be around me.

I imagined that I’d have this set group of friends that developed in middle-school and we stayed together thru thick-n-thin. 

I imagined that when I got to high school, I got amazing grades and had an amazing boyfriend.

I imagined that we spent all our free time together, we hanged out with our friends and did cool and crazy things together. Not realizing money, drama, or tragedies would get in the way.  

I imagined that my clique and our couples were the “It” couples of the school. 

I imagined my boyfriend and I went to the movies all the time

I imagined my boyfriend and I went bowling together, skiing, roller skating, rock climbing, to the fair, six flags. 

I imagined my girl friends and I doing each others make-up, hair, nails etc before going to a cool party (minus drugs, alcohol etc).

I imagined I’d have a car (and my boyfriend too), know how to drive, drive to school, pick up my girls on the way.

I imagined having a cool job, never being broke.

I imagined spending most of my summer nights in front of a bon-fire with all my friends, singing our favorite old song.

I imagined that I’d dress nice and always looked well-kept.

I imagined nothing bad would happen, that all of my teenage life would be optimistic and fun...

I imagined having an adventurous teenage life. 

But I realized that my teenage years are almost gone and most of this never happened…