Swimming Against The Tide

Sun, 10/13/2013 - 10:53 -- Hime16

Jared Chan brought Ellen home to meet his family, intending to show her off so all of those could see. As the Buick turned swiftly towards the family home, Jared was anxious to present his new love under his father’s dome. As the key turned in the lock, on Ellen fell all eyes. But it was Jared’s father who showed the most surprise.

Pulling his embarrassed son aside, he asked with a subtle glare why Jared had to swim against the tide. Jared, feeling more angry than embarrassed from before, explained that the tide flows much differently than before. The Tide Jared flows in carries more than Tang, as red fish, blue fish, and grouper also happily sang. The tilapia that caught his heart makes him feel alight, and if she made him happy, then for his father it should be alright.

The rest of the evening was a mental paradox, with father and son both equally trying to corner the other in his box.

twanette

the metaphor of this poem was excellent 

twanette

the metaphor of this poem was excellent