Still, I'll Forgive You

DISCLAIMER: This is my work and I have posted this on other sites and as a video. I did some minor editing.

Dear D.M.,
You were one of the meanest girls of the class.
You caused drama for no reason.
Your two faces fooled almost everyone.
You’ve spread rumors about me and have falsely accused me.
Still, I’ll forgive you.
Out of all the people who mistreated me, you’re the one I remember the most. Whatever you did, I’ll forgive you.
You’ve taunted and teased me.
Still, I’ll forgive you.
You’ve discouraged me beyond self-repair, and still I’ll forgive you.
Your actions toward me are one of the reasons my childhood was almost ruined. Still, I’ll forgive you.
You are not familiar with my heritage, so you insult it saying it’s odd and the people are bad. Still, I’ll forgive you.
Your hurtful words were inscribed into my mind and I believed them. Still, I’ll forgive you.
You must've thought I was the most sensitive cry baby you’ve ever met and you didn’t really care if you hurt me unless you thought you’d get into trouble. Still, I’ll forgive you.
I’ve heard you started the three-and-a-half year trend of people bullying me. If you did, I’ll forgive you.
As God has forgiven me, so I shall forgive you.
And even if you read this, you wouldn't be changed or understand and you would curse at this. You might insult me because you have no idea what I just did. I forgave you.

- "That Nobody"

Poetry Slam: