Stay Strong

How long do I have to stay strong  before the world will accept that it’s wrong? Until then I’ll be singing my song  and maybe I’ll take a few hits from my bong But when the world breaks, I’ll be ringing my gong,  reminding the world that it has to stay strong Because we’ve been suffering for far too long  for me to break down when the world needs someone strong.  And maybe the world will never accept  that it’s inhibitions have brought nothing but death Which is why the world needs people like me To remind them the theft of our love isn't free It’s not our body or even our mind But it’s our soul that’s being defined.  This place that we share Is being stripped bare And our dying soul Is trying to care But it can’t do shit until we accept That this place we’ve stripped bare Represents the soul we all share And with every bruise and every tare  Our soul screams in pain And our world is less fair.