Stay For Me...A Hero's Last Stand

A wasted death,one I did not believe.  But Death alas, I had received.  The darkness came and did deceive,  A darkness devil, all conceived.  On troubled thoughts that I had dreamed,  And I fade but will you stay, for me?  A grey plain, I do abstain,  But plagued by pain I say again,   For blasphemous thoughts drive me insane.  I've got nothing left to gain,  If only please you'd stay, you'd stay,  If only for another day.  If not I'd simply waste away...  And all dreams sanctified waste with me,  For all we have is memory,   I ask you, will you stay for me?  And I fade but will you play with me?  So sadness may delay from me,  And I shall escape so sparingly,  Or fall to shame bestowed through me.  A darkest day betrothed to me,  Through a painful lie told truthfully?  I see the light, wanted not.  Tis' not for I too see.  I'd fight the night,  And do what's right,  If only you would stay for me...