Starboy

If the all of the stars in the universe gathered above a frozen lake, their reflection would never be as breathtaking as your eyes are. It would never freeze me the way your eyes do. It would never be as blue as the way you seem to color me.  If embers from a fireplace fell out and singed my skin, it would never hurt me as much as the thought of losing you. The smoke could never smolder me the way you do. It would never be able to melt my heart.  If a hypnotist counted to three, he would never be able to whisper sweet enough words to make me do things I'd never do the way you do. He wouldn't be able to make my heart stop or speed up like you do. He would never make me smile like you do. If a teacher told me that a double rainbow is a phenomenon of optics that displays a spectrum of light due to the Sun shining on droplets of moisture in the atmosphere and you told me that you were God's gift from heaven, I would believe you.  If my mind told me that you weren't good for me, then my heart would tell me that you're too wonderful for me.  If you questioned your worth, I will sit down and tell you just how lovely you are. That you've got everything any girl could ever wish for and a guy would envy. That you are flawless from the tippy top of your head to your toes. That you deserve the best of everything in this world.And then I'd tell you how much you meant to me. That you've probably made me smile more in a few weeks than I've had in months. That you've been there for me through some of the roughest nights. That I love and appreciate you more than I will ever come to admit.  I would tell you that you are a Starboy not by its literal definition, but by the fact that just as I could never touch a star, I could never put into words how heavenly you are. You know how people make their wishes on a star? I would make my best wishes to you.  If the me one month ago knew that I would come to care about you so much, she would laugh and ask me why I would be dumb enough to fall for a Starboy. And this would be my reply.