Stand Up 2

Olisa Emeagwali                                                                                                                     3/24/15English7A                                                                                                                    Period 8                                                Stand Up 2  Why does it feel like the world ridicules me for my actions? I’m tired of walking in this maze, this labyrinth. Each time I try to enhance my knowledge; the world nullifies it and knocks me down to the ground in abasement. The world tries to abrogate me. But when I think about it, it is probably for all the sins, for all the burdens I must be carrying on my shoulders. I have and try to obliterate my sins. It is cryptic how each time I try to get back up the world knocks me back down so fast. I just want to be an epicure who relaxes at home and listen to music and play games. Instead, I am stuck in an unsolvable labyrinth where the world likes resonating bombast at me. How much verbal abuse can I take? No, I mustn’t heed to what the world says. (Gasp) how oblivious could I have been;the way to get out of this labyrinth, I found the answer. I must get on the podium of resolution and use my blunderbuss of hope. I will not live in this ephemeral life and not do anything but take in the verbal assault. I will have resignation, and make that one of my burdens as well. I need God to have absolution for them. For the lost emotions I will find you. For the shaken ones I will make you become still. For those ones locked in the thorn cage, do not worry I have the key. That key is my pliers of justice. Therefore, I know what I must do. I will have to make you stand up. The answer is so clear. If the shaken emotions hurt you, YOU MUST STAND UP AND STAND UP AGAIN AND AGAIN REPEATEDLY UNTIL PEOPLE STOP TREATING YOU FOR LESS THEN YOU ARE.BECAUSE YOU CAN’T, because you are just being you.And how is that injustice even the slightest bit fair.The answer is it isn’t.You have, no, you must stand tall. Thank you.

Poetry Slam: